“Your software is the single best learning tool that is out there in my opinion, it is a major game changer and it has been so helpful to me, so thank you for making me a better player. Keep up the good work. Your product is amazing.” – Jeff Krusel January 2015
“It is a fantastic piece of software and is very useful and helpful…I really like the app. So helpful and provides a clear mental image – which makes it so much easier to transcribe and learn (remember) licks and tunes.” – John McGuiness April 2015
“I purchased Harp Ninja at the encouragement of my harmonica instructor, and it has been one of the best investments I’ve made in my playing. I pull the software up on my phone whenever I have a few minutes of downtime and I use it to work on my bends. Seeing the note progression visually is such a help. I highly recommend Harp Ninja to any level of harmonica player.” – Myles Stone May 2015
Learn Harmonica Faster
- HarpNinja is an innovative harmonica software application that supports your harmonica learning independent of whatever method you are using. It is targeted at beginner/intermediate level harmonica players, but advanced players should also find it useful to sharpen their skills.
It currently has three modes of use.
- The Tuning Dojo helps build your mental model of the harmonica faster by visualizing all the notes on a diatonic (10-hole) harmonica or 12-Hole Chromatic. Combined with real time pitch recognition it gives you accurate feedback on your playing no matter what the key, tuning, scale, or chord. Select from 8 commonly available Diatonic tunings (Major, Natural Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melody maker, Country, Diminished, Powerbender, or Suzuki Ultrabend Sub30) or 7 Chromatic Tunings (Standard/Solo, Bebop, C6, C6 Bebop, Diminished, Augmented, or Whole Tone), all 12 Keys, 18 Scales, and 5 Chord types (Maj, Min, 7th, Aug, Dim). You can also switch the display between notes or music intervals. Play your harmonica and the Real time pitch recognition highlights the notes on screen. An audio recorder also allows you to record short segments to hear your own playing. There is also the ability to playback a Song, Scale, or Riff that shows you the notes on the harmonica as they play.
- The Circle Dojo is an interactive Circle of Fifth’s specially adapted for harmonica.
The Circle of Fifth’s is a well known music theory tool for working out chord and scale relationships. See the Help section for links to more information on this useful tool.
- Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.8 or later, iOS 7+ or as detailed at Unity3D System Requirements
[Please note we cannot support Operating Systems that are no longer officially supported by Microsoft or Apple – this means XP and Snow Leopard/Lion etc]
- Minimum 2ghz processor
- Graphics card with DirectX 9 level (shader model 2.0) capabilities. Any card made since 2004 should work as long as the drivers are up to date
- 1 GB Ram Minimum
- 16bit 44khz compatible Audio capable
- Note: Some anti-virus applications may need to be configured.
Microsoft Security Essentials (free for Win platforms) works fine.
- iPad $19.99
- Android $19.99
- Desktop $29.99
- Price difference between iPad and Desktop versions is due to added desktop functionality for multi-resolution, quality settings, and full screen.
- Please note: Due to the way Apple and Google Play AppStores operate it is not possible for me to offer cross-platform licenses.
However, within each platform you can run HarpNinja on any device for that platform. Please contact me if you need more clarification.
This is version 2 of HarpNinja. We have many ideas for new features & content. The HarpNinja development roadmap is constantly being evaluated based on planned features and user feedback.